Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

Beauty of the Understated; Places in Ontario

I could help but amaze at the beauty of an environment outside of a busy metropolis. I took these from when I went on nature hikes and family trips to Northern Ontario. Please bear with my next-to-none photography skills and camera phone pictures, it is what I am trying to capture that counts. 

rainy day and islands 

contrast and blues

trees, mist, and lake

pure waterlilies 

i am always amazed by the ability of waterlilies to grow out of muck and not be soiled at all

German fairy tale castle anyone?

The fact that I can never think of anything to paint bugs me a lot, but I think I just had an epiphany. It seems so simple, but I never realized how much I am touched by the beauty of understated things in my surroundings. I think I will turn some of these photos into paintings when I somehow get the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment